ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Pipe Fitter for maintenance work.
An Industrial Pipe Fitter will assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems in the maintenance of a crude oil refinery.
- Must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper.
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be have experience on an industrial construction project.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to specifications.
- Install valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Perform test to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boiler components for a combined-cycle power plant.
- Must have 4+ years experience with the pipe fitting processes.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.