ZACHRY is currently accepting applications for an experienced Industrial Journeyman Pipe Fitters. This job posting does NOT represent an actual current opening with Zachry. This posting is for gathering information from candidates for future jobs. For more information you may contact the MS Employment Office.
An Industrial Pipe Fitter will assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems on steam, fluid or gas systems. The Pipe systems may include but not limited to: pipe, flanges, supports, valves, gauges, hangars, and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the construction or maintenance site including in buildings, outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers. The work may also include working in underground (excavations) areas and working at heights of access of 300 ft.
- Must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper.
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be have experience on an industrial construction project.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to specifications.
- Install valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Perform test to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boiler components for a combined-cycle power plant.
- Must have 4+ years’ experience with the pipe fitting processes.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL & DRUG SCREEN
- MUST PASS SITE ORIENTATION, CHEVRON ORIENTATION, & SAFETY COUNCIL.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Formal/technical education
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.