ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Pipefitter for new construction work at our FLNG project in Freeport TX.
An Industrial Pipefitter will assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems on steam, fluid or gas systems. The Pipe systems may include but not limited to: pipe, flanges, supports, valves, gauges, hangars, and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the construction or maintenance site including in buildings, outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers. The work may also include working in underground (excavations) areas and working at heights of excess of 300 ft. This position will be concentrated in working with HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) underground piping.
- Must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must have experience on an industrial construction project.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to specifications.
- Install valves, hangers, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Perform test to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Must have 4+ years’ of experience in industrial pipefitting.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- A Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Formal/technical education
This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Required Tools: list to be provided.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.