ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced NCCER Industrial Journeyman Pipe Fitter/Fabricator for a baseload Maintenance position at the ExxonMobil Plant in Beaumont, TX.
Position Summary: Provides maintenance services for various piping work, install and uninstall pipe with regards to maintenance in the industrial plant. Schedule is 4-10's w/ spotted OT. Duration depends on Exxon’s workload. NCCER certification preferred, but 4 year’s of experience required. No per diem. Must have all Journeyman Tools listed below
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment according to specifications.
- Inspects work sites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans installations to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of the other workers.
- Cuts, threads, bends and assembles the pipes.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic components of the machines.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems following specifications and blueprints.
- Checks for leaks in the pipe system.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
- Expected to have the piping experience in a maintenance environment
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures such as ISO’s and blueprints.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have Journeyman Pipe Fitter tools
- Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Pipe Fitter Certification
- TWIC Required
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
- 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
- 1 - Hacksaw
- 2 - Torpedo Magnetic Level
- 1 - 25' Tape Measure
- 1 - 5 Gallon Metal Bucket w/#9 wire handle
- 1 - 12" x 24" Framing Square
- 1 - 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer
- 1 - Construction Calculator
- 1 - Screwdriver (Flat)
- 1 - Line Up Bar
- 1 - 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer
- 1 - Chalk Line
- 1 - String Level
- 1 - Phillips Screwdriver
- 1 - Set Blinding Wedges – Small
- 1 - Plumb Bob
- 1 - 420 Channel Locks
- 1 - Wire Cutters
- 1 - Pipefitter's Blue Book
- 1 - 24" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 14" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 8" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - Center Punch
- 1 - 18" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 12" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - 4" Wraparound
- 1 - Center Finder
- 1 - 16' Tape Measure
- 1 - 24" Level
You must have all itemized tools and bring them with you on our required hire date. If you do not have your tools with you, you will be sent home and allowed to return on the following work day. Your tool box will be inspected to ensure that you have all the required tools and that they follow OSHA standards. Upkeep and protection of these tools are YOUR responsibility. Zachry accepts no liability for lost, stolen, loaned or broken tools. Removal of personal tools from the jobsite requires a gate pass (obtained from your Foreman and given to the guard at the gate). You will have to fill out a tool list form in order to bring in your tools for Citgo.
Certifications and/or Licenses Required *
NCCER - Industrial Pipe Fitter
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.