RINCON, GA 31326 - US
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Pipefitter Journeyman for Plant Scherer in Juliette, GA, a coal burning power plant. This position will consist of but not maintaining, servicing, installing and repairing industrial piping systems
· Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
· Disassembles, repairs and/or replaces parts to equipment
· Using hoists, cranes, hand tools, power tools
· Perform tests to ensure machinery is running smoothly and basic diagnostic tests, check performance of machinery
· Clean and lubricate machinery
· Will unload, inspect and move equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
· Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come a-longs to move equipment / materials into place
· Basic housekeeping duties such as hosing floors, removing trash, and swiping floors
· Follows direction from supervisor
· Journeyman Pipefitter hand tools required
· Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
· Knowledge and experience with hand tools and power tools
. Must Be able to read blueprints, layout and fabricate materials.
. have prior rigging experience.
. Be able to perform gas arc cutting and, plasma cutting.
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
· Must have reliable transportation
· Access to the job site requires meeting pre-set criteria of a criminal background check
· Minimum 4-5 years industrial Pipefitter experience
· NCCER certification
· Reliable transportation
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
· Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.