ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Painter
Industrial Journeyman Painter will paint equipment and structures for protection and cosmetic purposes. The position will also be required to maintain, mix, and have thorough knowledge of paint and other coating material so that to ensure the equipment or structure is painted and protected as per contract or specifications.
- Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
- Must have all Knowledge Skills and Abilities required (see below).
- Must be willing to assist other crafts while not actively working on a painting project.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able and willing to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
- Identify and mix paint and coatings as required.
- Know the proper use and techniques (stroke types) required per the paint/coating used and the item being painted or coated.
- Must be able to work at heights and off of ladders and scaffolds safely.
- Housekeeping/Cleanup work areas.
- Must have 4+ years working as a Painter or Painter Helper on an industrial construction project.
- Must be able to read blue prints, plans, and drawings proficiently to perform duties.
- Must have knowledge on materials, tools, and processes involved with basic painting techniques and knowledge of paint qualities.
- Must be able to identify the relationship to materials to be painted and the technique, mixture, and number of coatings required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work full work schedule and any additional overtime as needed
- Must be willing to work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must follow all company and site rules and regulations.
- Must have required tools.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Painter.
- Formal/Technical education.
- Experience working with scaffolding, insulation, and painting.
This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Required Tools - list to be provided.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.