PASCAGOULA, MS 39563 - US
Zachry is currently accepting applications for an experienced fuel truck driver in Pascagoula, MS
The VACUUM TRUCK OPERATOR - MUST HAVE A CURRENT CDL CLASS A OR B LICENSE, HAZMAT AND TANK ENDORSEMENT thru MDOT. DOT PHYSICAL and TWIC CARD.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience as a Truck driver.
• Must possess all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions.
• Must be able to meet all physical requirements, must have or be able to obtain DOT physical.
• Must have a valid driver’s license (CDL Class A or B) and meet a motor vehicle records check.
• Must have all required tools.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Will conduct daily inspections of equipment for mechanical items and safety issues.
• Will be responsible for all safety aspects of operating the equipment.
• Can follow signal directions from a signaler while operating equipment.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods, logs, etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
• Safely maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
• Collect and verify delivery instructions.
• Report defects, accidents or violations.
• Must have a minimum of 2yrs Experience as a truck driver.
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
• Must have a valid driver license (CDL Class A or B) and meet a motor vehicle records check. Must have or be able to obtain DOT physical.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
• Must have basic mechanical knowledge and illustrate the abilities to inspect equipment.
• Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
• Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes such as but not limited to equipment inspection paperwork.
• Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
• Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
• Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not have any direct reports.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of sitting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to climb, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Must be able to pass a visual acuity assessment. Must be able to use fingers in precise coordinated movements. Must have good dexterity in arms, legs, hands, and feet. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.