Zachry is seeking a Laborer- grounds keeping, fire watch/ hole watch experience at Cheniere in Camron, LA.
Responsibilities include general oversight and management of landscaping maintenance provider scope of services, as well as the following:
- Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment in accordance with maintenance manual.
- Coordinate, oversee and be directly responsible for repair or maintenance items done by other service providers and ensure that such activities are carried out properly.
- Be flexible so as to support other functions at different times ensuring the property is ready at all times for holidays, special events, etc.
- Willing and able to work independently without daily supervision.
- Operate equipment – truck, golf cart, lawn mower, blower, forklift, man-lift, etc.…
- Valid driver’s license and motor vehicle report
- Cross training for hole watch/fire watch or other areas as needed
Performs all general required tasks as directed by Foreman and Leads
Performs all tasks within proper safety guidelines, company guidelines, and as directed by management
Performs assignments according to company schedule and as expected by customer
Follows oral and written instructions
Works effectively with a team and attends training and safety meetings as needed
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Prefer a high school diploma or equivalent
Able to read and communicate in English
Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials up to 50 pounds
Repetitive motion involved on a daily basis may include, but not limited to, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, and squatting
Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time to include climbing/descending stairwell. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Must have a current TWIC card. Position may work nights early morning, weekends and holidays
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe or hard-toe boots.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.