EDWARDSPORT, IN 47528 - US
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Multicraft Journeyman the Midwest area, in a power plant. This position will consist of but not limited to repair and/or demolition to boiler components, cooling tower work, millwork and civil work.
· Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves or regulator.
· Demolition and Structural Fitting
· Attach rigging and signal crane or hoist operators to lift heavy frame and plate sections or other parts into place
· Study Blue prints to determine locations, relationships or dimensions of parts
· Follows direction from supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
· Operate RT Rough Terrain - hydraulic
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Proficient mechanical skills
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Able to communicate items of concern found during inspections and walk downs
· Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
· Organization and time management
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Must have reliable transportation
· Knowledge of safety practices to operated equipment
· Must have CCCO for large and small hydraulic
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
· Minimum 4-5 years industrial Maintenance
· Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools.