ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Millwright.
A Millwright will install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery to specifications. Millwrights use precision tools and processes to ensure that the machinery is installed and working correctly.
- Must have experience with industrial machinery installation, repair and maintenance.
- Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have all Journeyman Precision Millwright hand tools – see tool list attachment
- Minimum 4-5 years industrial construction/maintenance experience
- Minimum of 3 years Millwright experience in Power Generation Plants
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
- Will plan, inspect, verify and document scope of work
- Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
- Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
- Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders and files.
- May construct foundations for machinery
- Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come alongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned