Technology and Information Services
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78221 - N/A
Manager – Engineering and Design Systems
Information Technology Department
San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is seeking an Engineering and Design Systems Manager with Industrial Construction / Services experience to work with project stakeholders in support of 2D/3D CADD software and related technologies and processes. The position will manage a team responsible for maintenance, configuration, development, implementation, and integration across multiple locations. The CADD Support Manager will provide leadership and guidance to the team to ensure data reliability, integrity, and governance, fit-for-purpose solutions, and design efficiency, quality, and collaboration. The role will be responsible for ensuring standards, procedures, and requirements are identified and documented as well as ensuring discipline and consistency in software roll-out and upgrade.
• Develop, organize and manage work plans and priorities of CADD support team responsible for:
o Maintaining 2D/3D CADD data and database reliability and integrity
o Managing incidents using an ITSM tool and ITIL-based change management process
o Gathering and documenting business requirements and functional and technical specifications
o Configuring, testing, implementing, and upgrading applications and tools to enhance design efficiency, quality and collaboration
o Developing solution reference documents including configurations, test scripts, test results, and instructions
o Identifying training requirements, developing training documentation, and conducting user training
• Provide guidance and direction to team members to ensure operational and technical excellence.
• Evaluate team members for their technical skills, performance and productivity.
• Evaluate and recommend cost, schedule, and resource estimates for implementation of design and engineering solutions and related technologies to be used on projects.
• Adhere to principles of planning, executing, measuring and adjusting to ensure the success of implemented systems and procedures and to ensure fit-for-purpose solutions.
• Provide data integration and consultative expertise to other functional IM areas that depend upon, or interface to, design and engineering solutions.
• Coordinate with IT, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and other stakeholder groups to specify and plan project design and engineering systems.
• Write, review, and recommend EPC IT execution and implementation plans related to design and engineering solutions and related IM systems, and ensure that relevant supporting work instructions and support procedures are developed.
• Define, support, and recommend standards and work practices to enable and govern efficient project collaboration, including accessibility of data, documents, and systems.
• Ensure vendor management and maintain CADD software inventory
• Initiate and maintain contact with internal and external clients for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues
• Model design and engineering systems using industry-standard modeling approaches such as UML or ArchiMate.
• Generate written technology evaluations, feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis for the implementation of new technology
• Other duties, projects and assignments as assigned.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Light to moderate domestic and, potentially, some international travel required.
Will work in a general office environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineering and Design Systems Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.