- Define, support, and recommend standards and work practices to enable and govern efficient project collaboration, including accessibility of data, documents, and systems.
- Ensure vendor management and maintain CADD software inventory
- Initiate and maintain contact with internal and external clients for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues
- Model design and engineering systems using industry-standard modeling approaches such as UML or ArchiMate.
- Generate written technology evaluations, feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis for the implementation of new technology
- Other duties, projects and assignments as assigned.
- Minimum of a BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in multi-discipline projects within the EPC or the E&P (exploration & production) industries working with CADD support as a primary duty in a professional position.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, integrating, and supporting 3D CADD solutions for large (>$500M) EPC projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team responsible for system administration of one or more of the following; Autocad, Bentley, Aveva, and Hexagon 2D/3D CADD platforms and supporting workshare solutions, including but not limited to:
- Autocad Plant 3D, Civil 3D, Advanced Steel, Revit, Navisworks, Vault
- Bentley OpenPlant Modeler, Iso Manager, P&ID, OPSE, Microstation, STAAD, Navigator, ProjectWise
- Aveva E3D, P&ID, Engineering, Catalog Manager, Electrical, Global
- Intergraph SmartPlant 3D, CADWorx, SPR, Isogen, P&ID, Electrical, Instrumentation
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Broad working knowledge of design and engineering tools in support of Information Management (IM) activities related to Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) in an EPC project environment.
- A strong understanding of design workflow, Engineering / Procurement / Construction (EPC) lifecycle, data management practices, database technologies, data presentation, data modeling, project data lifecycles, and project data domains.
- Ability to manage and influence others diplomatically.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor or higher degree in a related field
- Prior experience working in a senior consulting/strategy role
- Knowledge of ISO-15926
- Experience with BIM software by Autodesk, Bentley, or others
- Familiarity with best practices for interchange of digital data between various CADD and BIM platforms
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Light to moderate domestic and, potentially, some international travel required.
Will work in a general office environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineering and Design Systems Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.