Position Summary: Zachry is currently seeking to build our pool of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for outage and small capital work. Applicants will be screened and considered for future opportunities.
The position consist of maintaining services, installs, repairs, and inspects production machinery and equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, and dryers in order to keep them in good working order .
- Detects minor to major problems with machines and equipment including observation and listening to locate trouble areas in mechanical devices
- Disassembles, repairs and/or replaces parts to equipment
- Using hoists, cranes, hand tools, power tools
- Perform tests to ensure machinery is running smoothly and basic diagnostic tests, check performance of machinery
- Clean and lubricate machinery
- Will unload, inspect and move equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come a-longs to move equipment / materials into place
Basic housekeeping duties such as hosing floors, removing trash, and swiping floors
Follows direction from supervisor
Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic hand tools required
Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Organization and time management
- Must have good problem-solving abilities
- Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player including good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must have knowledge of crane signals, operating a torch, and operate a plasma cutter
- Access to job site requires meeting criteria of a criminal background check
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Millwright Certification
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move heavy objects. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots. Must be able to wear a respirator as needed.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. Possibly people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer