GREGORY, TX 78359 - US
The MLT (Machinery Lubrication Technician Level 1) position is responsible for
equipment lubrication, contamination control, inspection and proactive maintenance
activities for all lubricated mechanical systems.
A description of the general activities may include:
• Coordination of inventory and routine ordering of products.
• Stocking inventory locations.
• Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions.
• Draining and cleaning of reservoirs.
• Mechanical modification of systems as directed to facilitate sampling and
filtration, and other proactive improvements.
• Filling reservoirs.
• Topping off reservoirs.
• Changing filters and breathers on reservoirs
• Operating filtration equipment.
• Grease relubrication with manual and automatic dispensing equipment
• Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems.
• Labeling and tagging reservoirs, equipment, inventory and delivery containers.
• Printing and fulfilling planned lubrication activities
• Update scheduling systems, including adding notes to system and requesting work
orders for maintenance repairs and activities.
• Perform field level oil analysis, including: Crackle, Viscosity, Demulsibility and
• Schedule, collect, label and mail samples for analysis.
• Receive and evaluate oil analysis results for future planned maintenance.
• Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective,
predictive or planned maintenance for production systems.
The MLT Level I position requires the following skills and abilities:
• Good oral and written communication skills and good team building skills.
• Capability to work in an unsupervised position effectively.
• Capability to read and interpret technical documents, such as:
o OEM Maintenance plans
o Blue prints
o Advanced Lubrication Technology instruction and recommendations
o Software system instructions.
• Capability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, percentages) for the purpose of interpreting alarms,
calculating lubricant inventory and calculating relubrication quantity
• Capability to operate moderately complex software and web based programs for
lubrication scheduling and oil analysis functions.
• Understanding of fundamental lubrication concepts and application of these
concepts (such as Viscosity, NLGI #’s, V.I., AW, EP, R&O, ISO Cleanliness
Codes, Beta Filter Rating, etc.).
• ICML - MLT Level 1 Certification (within 180 days of placement).
• Have a strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and
circulating systems operation, contamination control and maintenance functions.
• Should be qualified to operate lifting equipment (Fork Truck, Skip Hoist, Etc.)
• Should be qualified to perform lockout-tag out procedures.
• Demonstrated initiative and strong work habits.