ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Laborer/Fire Watch.
A laborer/Fire watch will assist with various manual needs of the maintenance work being performed including but not limited to moving equipment, digging, retrieving equipment, standing by for fire safety and any other work instructed by a supervisor or journeyman.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Position may perform a large range of manual activities including but not limited to moving equipment, digging, retrieving equipment, standing by for fire safety, and any other work instructed by a supervisor or a journeyman.
- Use fire extinguisher.
- Climb on to structures and Scaffolding.
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come alongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Experience on an industrial construction site
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Must have TWIC.