ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Laborer 1 for new construction work at Valero GDU project in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
A laborer will assist with various manual needs of the construction work including but not limited to moving equipment, digging, retrieving equipment, standing by for fire safety and any other work instructed by a supervisor or journeyman.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Position may perform a large range of manual activities including but not limited to moving equipment, digging, retrieving equipment, standing by for fire safety, and any other work instructed by a supervisor or a journeyman.
- Use fire extinguisher.
- Climb on to structures and Scaffolding.
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come along to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Experience on an industrial construction site Formal/technical education.
This position does not have any direct reports
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.