GOLDSBORO, NC 27530 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Laborer for new construction work at our Duke LeeStation Beneficial Ash Project in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
A laborer will assist with various manual needs of the construction work being performed on site including but not limited to Shoveling, pumping water, digging ditches, etc.
• Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below.
• Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to work all scheduled days.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good problem-solving abilities
• Good aptitude and manual dexterity
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former Zachry Employee.
• Basic mechanical knowledge.
• Experience on an industrial construction site
• Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
• This position does not have any direct reports.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
• Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
• Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.