ZACHRY is currently accepting applications for Laborer
This job posting does NOT represent an actual current opening with Zachry. This posting is for gathering information from candidates for future jobs. For more information you may contact the MS Employment Office.
Major Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Laborers will clean and prepare the construction site.
- Will measure distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretch tight lines.
- Will bolt, nail, align and block up forms.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications using picks and shovels.
- Mixes concrete using float, trowel or screed.
- Positions, joins, aligns and seals pipe sections.
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Mops, brushes or spreads paints compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint through hoses to clean, coat or seal surfaces.
- Grinds, sands or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo or wood flooring using abrasive tools or machines.
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials and supplies. Cleans tools, equipment, materials and work areas.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights and be able to climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days a week as needed.
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- REQUIRED TO WEAR STEAL TOE-LACE UP-LEATHER BOTS
- REQUIRED TO PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL & DRUG SCREEN
- REQUIRED TO PASS SITE ORIENTATION, CHEVRON ORIENTATION, & SAFETY COUNCIL
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.