SODA SPRINGS, ID 83276 - US
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Laborer for our Monsanto site in Soda Spring, ID. This position will consist of but not limited to cleaning and maintaining work areas and/or assisting craft person in daily job duties.
· Will measure distances from grade stakes, drive stakes and stretch tight lines
· Will bolt, nail, align and block up forms
· Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications
· Levels earth to fine grade specifications using picks and shovels
· Mixes concrete using float, trowel or screed
· Positions, joins, aligns and seals pipe sections
· Erects and dismantles scaffolding and/or structures
· Mops, brushes or spreads paint compounds over surfaces for protection
· Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint through hoses to clean, coat or seal surfaces
· Grinds, sands and/or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, wood using abrasive tools or machines
· Lifts, carries and holds building materials and supplies
· Cleans tools, equipment, materials and work areas
· May climb ladders and work at heights
· Other duties assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of hand tools, power tools and layout tools
· Organization and time management
· Customer service oriented
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and Safety rules and regulations
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Former Zachry employee
· Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school
· Basic computer competency
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Physical and demanding work. Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull, objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Subtropical Desert Climate. Weather will range from warm to extremely hot and usually dry. Occasional cool days and rain. Will work at an elevation of +/-1200 feet above sea level. Sand and dust clouds may be frequent. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.