ZACHRY currently has an opening for Laborers for Maintenance Services at our CPChem jobsite located in Old Ocean, Texas.
Major Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Laborers will clean and prepare the construction site
- Must be able to meet all pre-employment contingencies (form I9, drug screen ; health screen)
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days a week as needed
- Provides manual labor
- Moves products and furniture
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials and supplies
- Cleans tools, equipment, materials and work areas
- Digs holes and ditches with shovel and other hand tools
- Chipping Concrete (Mixes concrete using float, trowel or screed)
- Grinds, sands and/or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, wood using abrasive tools or machines
- Positions, joins, aligns and seals pipe sections
- Sprays material such as water, sand and steam, vinyl, paint through hoses to clean, coat or seal surfaces
- Must be able to climb
- Must be able to lift 50lb
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to work well with others
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Works on Water Crew cleaning and performing manual labor (turning large valves)
- Works on Sewer Crew cleaning and performing manual labor
- Performs daily equipment checks
- Picks up necessary supplies and tools from warehoused or vendors as directed
- Responds to emergency calls at all hours
- Performs, and works safely in accordance with departmental safety procedures and operates equipment safely.
- Reports any unsafe work conditions or practices to supervisor.
- Performs other related and non-related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools and layout tools
- Organization and time management
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and Safety rules and regulations
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Former Zachry employee
- Demonstrated construction/industrial construction experience
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school
- Basic computer competency
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Physical and demanding work. Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull, objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment: Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.