ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced janitor for long term work in Corpus Christi, TX, in an industrial plant.
Position Summary: Provides cleaning of all buildings, including operational facilities within the plant.
- Carrying trash and other disposables, such as empty shipping cartons, to the outside trash dumpsters.
- Cleaning bathrooms and kitchen/breakroom areas.
- Cleaning glass windows.
- Cleaning entry and exit rugs.
- Lifts, carries, and holds trash and cleaning supplies and tools, such as mops, buckets, vacuums and rugs.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Minimum 1-3 years janitorial experience required
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- TWIC Required
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will occasionally climb stairways. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves (rubber, coated) and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
Janitorial duties, including mopping, dusting, cleaning bathroom and kitchen facilities, and carrying out trash. Must have valid drivers license and a TWIC card.