Zachry Industrial Inc. is currently accepting applications for experienced Industrial Ironworker for upcoming outage work in Soda Springs, Idaho.
***NO PER DIEM*** ***NO RELOCATION PKG***
Structural Ironworkers will construct iron/steel structures to specifications.
- Must have 4+ years experience as a Ironworker Helper or Structural Ironworker.
- Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Fabricate equipment according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting or bolting.
- Pull, push, or pry iron/steel equipment into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Cut, bend, and weld iron/steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment.
- Leadership Abilities
- Ability to take lead in erection of steel, fabrication, grid layout, rigging ect.
- Ability to perform all job duties of craft trade.
- Ability to read, understand IFC drawings.
- Ability to make hang list, read details off drawings, read all notes on drawings before erection, locate and understand ECN’s and holds on drawings.
- Understand when to stop production work and when a RFI needs to be initiated.
- Read and understand craft specs and cut sheets, craft spec procedures and recommendations
- Able to locate piece marks for correct views and know how to pick out different elevations
- Being able to know the correct installation based on the orientation.
- Knowledge of symbols based on legend
- Knowledge of all types of safe rigging practices (chokers, slings, ect.)
- Ability to dictate correct knots based on material
- Know all aspects of connecting
- Correct procedures of Bolting
- Torque vs Tension
- Ability to read cut sheets
- Lay out from drawing
- Cut material from lay out and cut sheets
Torque vs. Tension
- Knowledge of Torque and Values
- Knowledge of Tension
- Turn of the nut method
- Different types of indicators
- Understand how to use a skidmore
Plan work and execute
- Ability to take drawings, required material, line out helpers and execute work
Tools and knowledge
- Knowledge of specialty tools (torque wrench, skidmore, torque guns, mag drills, hogan drills)
Welding and cutting
- Basic knowledge of welding (machine set up, Mig, stick, gas, ect)
- Knowledge of cutting torch, set up, dangers, usage, cleaning, types of tips and when to use the different types of tips
- Knowledge of JLG’s man baskets, cranes
- Basic maintenance (inspections)
- Safe operations practices
Signaling of equipment (ERTS, NCCO, NCCER)
- Flagging of cranes, forklifts, manlifts
- Tying knots for tag lines, ect
- Basic knots for lashing
- Footage, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions to perform all craft duties.
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators. Will be subject to all weather conditions; warm/hot & cold temperatures, snow/ice/rain.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.