ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced NCCER Industrial Journeyman Insulator for Maintenance work.
NCCER Industrial Journeyman Insulator will apply insulation to pipe, ducts, and equipment as required by specifications.
- Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
- Must have all Knowledge Skills and Abilities required (see below).
- Must be willing to assist other crafts while not actively working on an insulating project.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able and willing to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have experience with Insulating buildings, tanks, vessels, pipes, high/low pressure line pipes and/or other mechanical systems.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required and materials for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
- Measure, mark, and cut required insulation to required specifications.
- Fabrication, fit, and/or shape insulating material or covering around equipment for protection.
- Identify and mix paint and coatings as required.
- Know the proper use and techniques required to place or replace insulation.
- Will work at heights and off of ladders and scaffolds safely.
- Clean up work areas.