BEAUMONT, TX 77704 - US
Zachry is currently accepting applications for NCCER Industrial Insulator for Maintenance position at ExxonMobil Plant in Beaumont, TX.
· Insulation work, mechanical, apply insulating materials to pipes and ductwork or other mechanical systems in order to help control and maintain temperature
· Will measure and cut sections of insulation to the proper length
· Will fasten the insulation with adhesive, staples, tape or wire bands
· May wrap a cover of aluminum, plastic, or canvas over the insulation and cement or band the cover in place
· May screw on metal around the insulated pipes to protect the insulation from the weather or physical abuse
· Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Proficient mechanical skills
· Must have all journeyman insulating tools
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Able to communicate items of concern found during inspections and walk downs
· Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
· Organization and time management
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Must have reliable transportation
· Knowledge of safety practices to operated equipment
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
· Minimum 4-5 years industrial Maintenance
· Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools.