ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Insulator for Cameron LA.
Industrial Journeyman Insulator will apply insulation to pipe, ducts, and equipment as required by specifications.
- Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
- Must have all Knowledge Skills and Abilities required (see below).
- Must be willing to assist other crafts while not actively working on a insulating project.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able and willing to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required and materialsfor tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
- Measure, mark, and cut required insulation to required specifications.
- Fabrication, fit, and/or shape insulating material or covering around equipment for protection.
- Identify and mix paint and coatings as required.
- Know the proper use and techniques required to place or replace insulation.
- Will work at heights and off of ladders and scaffolds safely.
- Clean up work areas.
- Must have 4+ years working as a Insulator or Insulator Helper on an industrial construction project.
- Must be able to read blue prints, plans, and drawings proficiently to perform duties.
- Must have knowledge on the different types of insulation and their applications.
- Must know how to handle and place insulation around or on equipment, ducting, or piping.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work full work schedule and any additional overtime with little to no notification.
- Must be willing to work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must follow all company and site rules and regulations.
- Must have required tools.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Insulator.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Formal/Technical education.
- Experience working with scaffolding, insulation, and painting.
- This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
- 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
- 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
- 1 - 25' or 30' Tape Measure
- 1 - 12" Shot Saw
- 1 – Staple gun
- 1 – Utility Knife
- 1 - 7/8" Open end/Box Wrench
- 1 – Sheet Metal Template set
- 1 – tube cutter
- 1 - Tool Pouch
- 1 - 22oz to 26oz Steel Claw Hammer
- 1-Torpedo Level
- 1 – Rubber rain coat
- 1 – Rubber boots
- Tool Belt
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.