You are applying to an Evergreen position which is designed to accept applications in anticipation of upcoming site needs.
By submitting your application, we will be able to review your qualifications and consider you for FUTURE openings at the CCZJV – FLNG New Construction Site.
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Instrument Tech with TWIC for new construction work at our FLNG project in Freeport TX.
Instrument technicians are responsible for installing, repairing, maintaining, and calibrating electronic equipment and gauges that control, regulate, and/or monitor a mechanical system.
- Must have 4+ years’ of experience in instrumentation
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to work on low and high-pressure tubing/piping systems.
- Must have tools (list provided).
- Must be able to work with precision instruments and tools.
- Must be willing to follow all company and project work policies and procedures.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, isometric drawings, engineering instructions, and manufacture instructions
- Installs, repairs, maintain, and calibrate electronic equipment, controls, and measuring devices.
- Tests and analyze electronic and measuring equipment for accuracy and functionality.
- Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of equipment or systems.
- Completes report on tests, repairs, and installations for all work requested to complete.
- Must have 4+ years’ experience in instrumentation or illustrate the comparable level of knowledge.
- Required to have all journeymen tools and have experience with associated power tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and P & IDs, isometric drawings, and other required documentation.
- Must be able to check performance using testing and measuring. Instruments and make necessary adjustments.
- Must have knowledge of electrical theory and how to apply it to connecting, wiring, and calibrating electronic devices.
- Must have knowledge of working with gauges and other measurement devices.
- Must have experience in calibration both performing and working with calibration laboratories.
- Must be able to work with low and high-pressure tubing/piping systems.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing to follow all company and project policies, rules, and guidelines.
- Must be willing to assist in any additional qualified duties assigned.
- Current, ROF’ed, or Former Zachry Employee.
- Have formal education or vocational training.
- Experience in instrumentation on an industrial facility.
This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull:objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Required tools: List to be provided
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.