Zachry is currently seeking candidates for an Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Health Facilitator for new Construction work at our Lyondell Basell PO/TBA Project located in Channelview, TX.
Industrial Hygiene Professionals will provide development, deployment and continuous improvement of environmental, safety and health management systems within the region/geography that will enable the business to achieve its goal of developing a Complete Safety Culture.
This position is responsible for field facilitation of the Occupational Health (OH) program at project site locations. The Occupational Health Facilitator (Field) will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and will assist with identifying OH risks that support corporate and customer safety programs. Will be familiar with and knowledgeable of associative OSHA regulations, NIOSH and ACGIH guidelines. The Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Health Facilitator (Field) will assist in the performance of a general range of industrial hygiene investigations identifying and evaluating OH hazards in the work environment to include; measuring/sampling for noise control, radiation surveys, air/gas monitoring, ergonomic assessments, medical screening and surveillance and record keeping. Occupational Health Facilitator (Field) will report directly to the Occupational Health Manager (Field) or Project/Site Safety Manager.
- Ability to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Facilitates the collection of samples for noise, dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.Facilitates field and office ergonomic evaluations.
- Provides technical review and interpretation of sampling results.
- Assists to ensure job site is in compliance with company and regulatory requirements/guidelines relative to OSHA, NIOSH and ACGIH.
- Assists in providing training for employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of exposures.
- Assists with the implementation of hazard control methods, procedures and programs.
- Collaborates with appropriate personnel to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Assists with the measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of hazard controls and personal protective equipment.
- Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort, or efficiency.
- Involved in investigations concerning serious jobsite injuries and illnesses.Assists jobsite personnel during scheduled safety and health surveys.
- Develops and maintains qualitative exposure assessments and sampling plans.
- Has specific experience with and ability to analyze and effectively report collected data
- Evaluates chemicals and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) as it relates to employee health
- Interacts with customer and third party medical departments to ensure employee health
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in Occupational Health or equivalent degree, or 3 -5 years of related work experience within Industrial Hygiene and/or Safety Engineering
- Ability to aid in the development of industrial hygiene protocols and train teams at job sites
- Willing to travel to job sites, as required
- Applied knowledge and working understanding of OSHA, regulatory compliance, experience with inspections, incident investigations, process safety, contractor safety, EHS training, hazard reviews and job safety analysis
- Direct EHS experience must include leading and influencing organizations
- Capable of learning, following, enforcing and applying company and site safety rules to the work being performed.
- Leadership’s skills and to have the ability to work under difficult situations. This includes influencing others and dealing with conflict.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite and other industrial construction software for purposes of tracking and reporting.
- Pursuing ASP, CSP, and/or CIH
- Environmental, Occupational Health & Hygiene and/or Safety recognized certifications (CIH, CSP, CHMM, REM, CPEA, QEP)
- 3 -5 years of related work experience
- Experience utilizing a safety data management system
- Safety, Process & Risk Management, Environment, Energy, Sustainability & Natural Resources, Industrial Hygiene & Health experience
- TapRoot incident investigator
- Background in construction or experience on a construction job site
- Familiar with OSHA and/or MSHA standards
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to independently manage work tasks and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective public-speaking and presentation skills
Position will be based on maintenance sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs, carry and move objects safely.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on sites. On work sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms. Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot to cool/cold. Occasional rain.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Health Facilitator position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.