BAY CITY, TX 77414 - US
ZACHRY is accepting applications for an experienced Instrument Technician for EQUISTAR Pipeline at a future time.
This position will assist the Equistar Pipeline Markham Storage Facility and South Area Operations Measurement Group.
The position maintains the emergency field equipment and coordinates maintenance activities.
The incumbent evaluates the unit’s operating status and performs troubleshooting of the equipment in order to maximize the facility reliability.
In addition, the incumbent documents various operating parameters and maintains communication with others including the Pipeline Controllers.
The position is accountable for monitoring the operations and underground storage operations of the storage caverns & all field equipment.
This position is responsible for ensuring adherence to environmental and safety policies to protect the public domain, integrity of the pipeline and storage systems and respond in a the timely,
accurate method for all operations that could or does affect the operations for the MKO storage site, and the incoming or outgoing product movement
for deliveries/receipts for customers or suppliers that come through the MKO location.
The operator must be aware of Government agencies, railroad commission, and state regulations in Texas.
High school diploma or GED. In addition the candidates must have 3+ years of experience in Pipeline (preferred) or 5 years of process operating or plant experience in a chemical/refining environment.
A working knowledge of computer systems used for operations process control (DCS/SCADA).
A background in chemical plant processes is a valuable tool to the knowledge base for this position.
Basic computer skills are also a requirement for this position. Individual must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts and provide overtime coverage.
The positions requires the operator have the skills & ability to perform all operations duties as a single point of contact for the site at all times except normal Mon-Thursday 7:00am-5:30pm shifts.
Critical competencies for this positions are customer orientation, champion change, results orientation, problem solving & decision making, communication, initiative, team player and relationship building.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Responsible for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with state and federal environmental regulations.
2. Perform safety orientations on outside contractors working in the facility.
3. Performs their duties in adherence with Lyondell/Equistar & Equistar Pipeline Operations procedures, standards, and specifications.
4. Takes personal leadership role in daily activities, task planning, incident investigations and work performance as they relate to the Lyondell/Equistar key focus areas of Safety, Environmental, Quality, Reliability, and Cost of operation.
5. Provides accurate and timely communication to co-workers, and works with other functions to improve individual and team performance. Provides ideas, raises concerns, and promotes an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
6. Expected to serve and participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development and special groups designed to improve the work place environment.
7. Participates in the training and skill development of other operations technicians. Engages in frequent developmental dialog with their supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
8. Monitor and maintain the field operations of the MKO site facilities and the Underground Storage operations systems to provide quality service to internal and external customers/suppliers of the organization in a timely and efficient manner for the delivery / receipt of products and feed stocks to meet all designated monthly quotas. The Operator must be able to operate the emergency shutdown system. The Operator must maintain an certified (operations level) in accordance with Hazwopper & be able to execute all EPO emergency response required by EPO Emergency procedures.
9. Monitor and maintain the process operations of the MKO storage facility, including remote Operation of the facility equipment.
10. Provide communications to the Pipeline maintenance departments on equipment outages or potential problems that could affect the operation of the system. Working with the various departments on safety and environmental policies to maintain the integrity of the systems
11. Ability to issue all life critical & routine work permits.
12. Perform area & perimeter security checks.
13. Follow & perform all duties assigned by the MKO Operators log & MKO Operators duties sheet.
14. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining operational records of the process system.
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.