Helper Pipefitter 2
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Helper Pipefitter 2 for new construction work at Valero GDU project in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
An Industrial Pipefitter Helper 2 will assist in the assembly, layout, installation and maintenance of pipe systems on the new construction project.
- Must have 1-2+ years of experience working as an industrial Pipefitter Helper
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must meet all qualifications below. (See below).
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to meet all physical demands. (See below).
- Must have experience on an industrial construction project.
- Must have all the required tools
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Assist with preparation, fabrication, installation, and fitting of pipe to specifications.
- Assist with the installation of valves, hangers, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Assist with the testing to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
- Assist with hoisting loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- A commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Former Industrial Construction Experience.
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Required Tools: list to be provided.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.