SALISBURY, NC 28146 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Pipe Fitter Helper for new construction work at our Duke Buck Station Beneficial Ash Project in Salisbury, North Carolina.
An Industrial Pipe Fitter Helper will assist in the assembly, layout, installation and maintenance of pipe systems on the new construction site.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Must meet all qualifications below. (See below).
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to meet all physical demands. (See below).
• Must be have experience on an industrial construction project.
• Must have all the required tools. . (See below).
• Identify all tools required for tasks.
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
• Assist with preparation, fabrication, installation, and fitting of pipe to specifications.
• Assist with the installation of valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
• Assist with the testing to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
• Assist with hoisting loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
• Good reading comprehension.
• Ability to work with others – team player.
• Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
• Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former Zachry Employee.
• Former Industrial Construction Experience.
• Former experience as a pipe fitter helper.
• Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
• This position does not have any direct reports.
• 1 - Tool Box with Lock
• 2 - Torpedo Magnetic Level
• 1 - 25" Tape Measure
• 1 - 14" Pipe Wrench
• 1 – Hacksaw
• 1 - 8" Crescent Wrench
• 1 - Screwdriver (Flat)
• 1 - 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer
• 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
• 1 - 24" Level1 - Phillips Screwdriver
• 1 - 420 Cannel Locks
• 1 - 12" Crescent Wrench
• 1 – Rain Suit
• 1 – Rubber boots
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
• Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
• Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.