BEAUMONT, TX 77713 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Pipe Fitter Helper for new construction work for our BPEX project in Beaumont, TX. .
An Industrial Pipe Fitter Helper will assist in the assembly, layout, installation and maintenance of pipe systems on the new construction plant.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Must meet all qualifications below. (See below).
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to meet all physical demands. (See below).
• Must be have experience on an industrial construction project.
• Must have all the required tools. . (See below).
• Identify all tools required for tasks.
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
• Assist with preparation, fabrication, installation, and fitting of pipe to specifications.
• Assist with the installation of valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
• Assist with the testing to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
• Assist with hoisting loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
• Good reading comprehension.
• Ability to work with others – team player.
• Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
• Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former Zachry Employee.
• Former Industrial Construction Experience.
• Former experience as a pipe fitter helper.
• Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
• This position does not have any direct reports.
• 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
• 2 - Torpedo Magnetic Level
• 1 - 25" Tape Measure
• 1 - 14" Pipe Wrench
• 1 – Hacksaw
• 1 - 8" Crescent Wrench
• 1 - Screwdriver (Flat)
• 1 - 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer
• 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
• 1 - 24" Level1 - Phillips Screwdriver
• 1 - 420 Cannel Locks
• 1 - 12" Crescent Wrench
• 1 - 5gallon Bucket
• 1 – Rain Suit
• 1 – Rubber boots
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
• Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
• Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer