ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Millwright Helper for a for a Baseload position located in Markham., Texas.
A Millwright Helper will assist with the installation, assembly, dismantling, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery at a combined-cycle power plant. They will work on construction of a heat recovery exchange generator (HRSG), Gas and steam turbines, large industrial generators, and other miscellaneous machinery involved.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have tools – see tool list attachment
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work as needed
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
- Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
- Assist with fitting bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
- Assist with the dismantling of machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assist with the Assembly and installation of equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails
- Assists with the Assembly of machines using bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders and files.
- May assist with construction of foundations for machinery
- Assist with, and Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Assist with alignments, turning of machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Assist with the unloading, inspecting, moving and setting of equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come alongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists and chains.
- Organization and time management
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry and layout
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Prefer experience with industrial machinery installation, repair and maintenance of Power Generation machines and equipment.
- Preferred candidate will have experience working as a Millwright helper on a combined-cycle power plant.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.