ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Electrical Helper for new construction work for our BPEX project in Beaumont, TX.
Industrial Electrical Helpers will assist in the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical wiring, conduit, equipment and fixtures. They will assist in work on underground cable and conduit installation, terminating, and equipment installation for all phases of new construction.
- Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Assist in the cutting, bending, and running of conduit as specified on blue prints.
- Assist in the installation, modification, and fabrication of cable tray as necessary according specifications.
- Assist in pulling cable through specified pathways.
- Assist in the assembly and installation of electrical equipment.
- Assist in terminating wires and cables to electrical equipment such as but not limited to breakers, control panels and distribution systems.
- Assist in the testing of electrical components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
- Assist in the inspection of electrical equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of temporary power systems.
- Assist in the installation of and maintenance of the grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Assist in the hoisting of equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical construction processes.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Previous experience working as an electrical helper.
- Previous experience on an industrial constructions site.
- Previous experience working as an electrical helper on an industrial construction site.
- Formal/technical education.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to see full range of colors.
- Must be able to use fingers in precise coordinated movements.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.