Helper Electrician 1
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Electrical Helper 1 with 2 plus years of experience for new construction work at Valero GDU project in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
Industrial Electrical Helpers 1 will assist in the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical wiring, conduit, equipment, and fixtures.
- 2 plus years of experience as an Electrical Helper/Apprentice
- Must possess all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have apprentice Electrician in Oklahoma
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Assist in the cutting, bending and running of the conduit as specified on blueprints.
- Assist in the installation, modification, and fabrication of cable tray as necessary according to specifications.
- Assist in pulling the cable through specified pathways.
- Assist in the assembly and installation of electrical equipment.
- Assist in terminating wires and cables to electrical equipment such as but not limited to breakers, control panels, and distribution systems.
- Assist in the testing of electrical components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
- Assist in the inspection of electrical equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of temporary power systems.
- Assist in the installation of and maintenance of the grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Assist in the hoisting of equipment and tools into a location via bull rigging or crane.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have Electrical Apprentice License.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience as an Industrial Electrical Helper.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical construction processes.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Previous experience working as an electrical helper.
- Previous experience on an industrial constructions site.
- Previous experience working as an electrical helper on an industrial construction site.
- Formal/technical education.
This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Required Tools: list to be provided
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.