ZACHRY is currently seeking to build our pool of experienced Industrial Boilermaker Helpers for outage and small capital work. Applicants will be screened and considered for future opportunities with Zachry
A Boilermaker Helper will assist with the installation, assembly, dismantling, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery.
- Must have 2+ years of experience as in Boilermaker Helper.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have tools – list will be provided
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors, etc.
- Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
- Assist with fitting bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
- Assist with the dismantling of machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assist with the Assembly and installation of equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails
- Assists with the Assembly of machines using bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders, and files.
- May assist with construction of foundations for machinery
- Assist with, and Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Assist with alignments, turning machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Assist with the unloading, inspecting, moving and setting of equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come along to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists, and chains.
- Organization and time management
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry, and layout
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Prefer experience with industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance of Power Generation machines and equipment.
- The preferred candidate will have experience working as a Millwright helper on a new construction project.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
Required Tools- list to be provided.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.