Position Summary: Provides maintenance services, assists journeyman Boilermakers in installation, repairs and inspections of all boiler components along with working the towers and exchangers in industrial plants and/or industrial settings in order to keep them in good working order.
- Assembles, analyzes defects, and repairs boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats in the field, following blueprints and using hand tools
- Attaches rigging, signals crane operator to lift part to specified position
- Assembles boiler frame, tanks using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, and dogs
- Aligns water tubes and connectors and expands ends to drums and headers, using tube expanders
- Bolts or welds casing sections.• Assists in testing assembled vessel
- Repairs boilers or tanks in the field
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
- Expected to have boiler helping experience in a maintenance environment
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must have experience with equipment maintenance
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have Helper Boilermaker tools
- Minimum 1-2 years industrial maintenance experience required
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
Valued but not required skills , knowledge, and abilities:
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER
Physical demands and work environment:
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and liftingWill talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold.
- Occasional rain.
- Will work at different elevations.
- Noise levels will be moderate to high.
- Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools.
- People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking.
- Bells, whistles and alarms.
- 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
- 1 - Torpedo Level
- 1 - 2' Level
- 1 - Tri-Square
- 1 - Framing Square
- 1 - 25' Tape Measure
- 1 - 3lb Hammer
- 1 - Bull Pin
- 2 - Sud Wrenches
- 1 - 12" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 18" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 12" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
- 1 - Pipe Wraparound
- 1 - Set of Allen Wrenches
- 1 - Set of Sockets, 1/2" drive
- 1 - Chisel 1 - Striker
- 1 - Pair of Burning Goggles
- 1 - Set of Pliers, Channel Locks
- 1 - Center Punch
- 1 - Chalk Line
- 1 - Plumb Bob
- 1 - Set of Combination Wrenches
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.