ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Pipe Fitter General Foreman for new construction work.
A Pipe Fitter General Foreman will manage pipe crews as they assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems on the new construction of a Combined-Cycle Power Plant.
• Must have 5+ years working with Industrial Pipe Fitting.
• Must have 3+ years supervisory experience.
• Must be proficient in managing crew, time, and costs.
• Must have good leadership and communication skills.
• Must be have experience on the new construction of a combined-cycle power plant.
• Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
• Identify all tools required for tasks.
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
• Illustrate in-depth knowledge of all pipe fitting processes.
• Tactically plan operations for scheduling work loads in crews efficiently utilizing assets and resources to minimize cost.
• Manage Crews in regards to processes, scheduling, costs, employee relations issues, and employment needs.
• Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
• Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
• Demonstrate expert knowledge on the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boiler components for a combined-cycle power plant.
• Must have 5+ years experience with the pipe fitting processes and 3+ years experience in a supervisory role.
• Organization and time management.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions.
• Good reading comprehension.
• Ability to work with others – team player.
• Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
• Zachry ROF’ed employee.
• Former Zachry Employee.
• Basic Computer efficiency
• Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
• This position will be responsible for multiple crews that will be led by foreman supervisors in their daily work. May manage up to 4 crews each having up to 8-12 workers. Foreman of the crews will answer directly to this position.
• Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
• Will talk and hear to communicate.
• Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
• Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
• May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
• Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
• Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
• Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.