ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial General Foreman for the base crew at an existing facility.
A General Foreman will manage base crews that are required for the work at an existing Power Plant
- Must have 5+ years working in industry.
- Must have 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient in managing crew, time, and costs.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be have experience on new construction.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Illustrate in-depth knowledge of processes.
- Tactically plan operations for scheduling work loads in crews efficiently utilizing assets and resources to minimize cost.
- Manage Crews in regards to processes, scheduling, costs, employee relations issues, and employment needs.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the processes for industrial work for a power plant.
- Must have 3-5+ years.
- Organization and time management.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
- This position will be responsible for multiple crews that will be led by foreman supervisors in their daily work. May manage up to 4 crews each having up to 8-12 workers. Foreman of the crews will answer directly to this position.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.