ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic for maintenance work.
An Industrial Maintenance Mechanic will install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery at an Industrial site. They will work on small engines, motors, pumps, and other mechanical machinery.
- Must have general experience with industrial machinery installation, repair and maintenance.
- Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Minimum 4-5 years industrial mechanical experience.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed.
- Works with industry-specific and high complex machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
- Will plan, inspect, verify and document scope of work
- Will replace gaskets and other defective parts on machinery.
- Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders and files.
- Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and comealongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience
- Knowledge of hand tools, and power tools.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists and chains.
- Organization and time management.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry and layout.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) Certification for Journeyman Industrial Millwright.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Tools will be provided for this position by the assigned shop.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.