ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Foreman Pipefitter 1 for new construction work at Valero GDU project in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
A Pipe Fitter Foreman will manage pipe a crew as they assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems on the new construction project.
- Must have 5+ years working as an Industrial Pipefitter.
- Must have 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient in managing crew, time, and costs.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must have experience in the new construction project.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Illustrate in-depth knowledge of all pipe fitting processes.
- Tactically plan operations for scheduling workloads in crews efficiently utilizing assets and resources to minimize cost.
- Manage Crew in regards to processes, scheduling, costs, employee relations issues, and employment needs.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boiler components.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience with the pipe fitting processes and 1+ years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Organization and time management.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- A commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
This position will be responsible for a crew of up to 5-15 craft workers. The crew will be a mix of journeyman, helpers, and laborers.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.