CAMERON, LA 70631 - N/A
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Mechanical Foreman.
· Must have experience with equipment maintenance
· Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications
· Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Must have all Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic hand tools
· Minimum 4-5 years industrial maintenance experience required
· Minimum of 3 years Maintenance Mechanic experience
· Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
· Detects minor to major problems with machines and equipment
· Disassembles, repairs and/or replaces parts to equipment
· Perform tests to ensure machinery is running smoothly
· Completes preventative maintenance on machinery, installs, services and repairs mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems steam valves, steam traps, steam or water coils, radiators, water softeners, unit heaters, water heaters, condensate and circulating pumps and production machines.
· Clean and lubricate machinery
· Perform basic diagnostic tests, check performance of machinery
· May use precision measuring and leveling equipment such as rulers, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments to determine changes in dimensional requirements
· Operates engine lathes, grinders and files.
· Will unload, inspect and move equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
· Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come a longs to move equipment / materials into place
· Follows direction from supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
· Expected to have the electrical, electronics and computer programming skills to repair sophisticated equipment
· Knowledge of hand tools, power tools and layout tools such as lasers, ultrasonic measuring and alignment tools, plumb bobs, cutting torches, welding machines, hydraulic torch wrenches, hydraulic stud tensioners, soldering guns and metal working equipment that includes lathes and grinding machines.
· Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
· Organization and time management
· Must have good problem-solving abilities
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Former Zachry employee
· Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Millwright Certification
· Basic Computer proficiency
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.