ZACHRY is currently seeking a Janitor Foreman for Maintenance work at BASF Freeport, TX.
A Janitor Foreman will supervise the cleaning inside of buildings and outside gathering areas and trash removal.
- Must have experience working with Janitors.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient in managing crew, time, and costs.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must have TWIC card and Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have Knowledge with Cleaning Chemicals.
- Position requires supervising a team of 25 Janitors that will be performing a large range of manual cleaning activities including but not limited to taking out trash, sweeping/mopping floors, waxing floors, and wiping down surfaces.
- Create cleaning schedules to ensure common areas, bathrooms, kitchen areas and their equipment are properly maintained
- Create cleaning schedule for completion of sweeping, moping, vacuum flooring, stairways, and hallways as necessary
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms floors
- Clean windowsill and windows as needed
- Restock supplies when necessary
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition (Report broken or faulty equipment ASAP)
- Responsible for proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals
- Responsible for ensure the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) is being worn by members of staff and self as job duties are being performed and notifiying Site Safety Operations if proper PPE needs to be replaced or is not long safe to perform functions of the job
- Prefer nowledge of commercial walk-behind floor scrubbing machines/floor buffers.
- Manage time sheets and daily submittal of time sheets
- Data Entry
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned or as in block metrics
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English language
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Must have computer skills
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
Reports to Position
- This position has multiple reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk, hear, and read English language.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3 BASF SITE SPECIFIC CLASSES