JOB DESCRIPTION *
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Instrument Foreman for new construction work.
Instrument Foreman manages a crew that will install, repair, and maintain the measuring and control instruments in in industrial and commercial processing.
- Must have 4+ years’ experience as an Instrument Foreman
- Must have 2+ years in a supervisory role.
- Must possess all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Lead crew in daily safe operations.
- Manage workloads, supplies, equipment, and reporting.
- Cut, bend, and run conduit as specified on blue prints.
- Install, modify, and maintain and repair the measuring and control instruments used in industrial and commercial processing.
- Test measuring and control components for continuity and proper readings according to specifications.
- Inspect measuring and control equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Install and maintain grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics proficiently to perform duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate former knowledge and experience working on high voltage systems.
- Must have worked as an Instrument Foreman for a minimum of 4 years, and as a supervisor for at least 2 years.
- Must be able to manage and lead a crew of journeyman and helpers on daily and weekly operations.
- Must be able to keep records and report on the follow but not limited to: time, cost codes, equipment, personnel records, and operational updates.
- Must be able to measure and control instruments using hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend and cut conduit using hand saws, hand tube bending equipment as well as power and hydraulic cutting and tube bending devices.
- Must be proficient in cable pulling methods use to run cable through specified pathways.
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment and systems for electrical malfunctions.
- Must be able to identify different types, gauges, and color of cables and wires.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes.
- Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of working with a lock out tag out system.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Instrument Foreman.
- Formal/technical education.
- This position will lead and manage a crew of journeyman and helpers. The crew size may vary, but the average span of control for this position is between 10-19 workers.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to see full range of colors.
- Must be able to use fingers in precise coordinated movements.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
Required Tools (this position may or may not be required to provide tools on a daily basis)
- Tool box with Lock
- Tool Pouch or Tool Bucket
- Stakon Pliers
- Wire Strippers
- Set of Allen Wrenches
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- 8” Crescent Wrench
- 10” Crescent wrench
- 420 Channel Locks
- 440 Channel Locks
- Utility Knife
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Diagonal Cutting Pliers (Dikes)
- 1/8” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- 3/16” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- ¼” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- Screwdriver (screw holding type)
- Hammer (Ball Peen or Claw)
- ½” to 1 ¼” Knockout Set
- 9” Side Cutting Pliers
- Center Punch
- Cold Chisel
- Tri Square
- 25’ Retractable Measuring Tape
- Torpedo Level
- Set of 3/8” Driver and Ratchet & Socket
- 1 – Rain Coat
- 1 – Rubber boots
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES REQUIRED *
NCCER - Instrument Foreman
OTHER POSITION OR SITE REQUIREMENTS
Job Specific Requirements
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A COMPUTER? *
BACKGROUND CHECK *
REQUIREMENTS MEDICAL *
- Drug Screen
- Pre-Employment Physical
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Hair Follicle
- Driver's Safety
- Flagger Training
- Forklift Training
NEED CRAFT LICENSE FOR EMPLOYMENT *
NEEDS SITE INTERVIEW *
ARE THERE REFERRED CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION *
NUMBER OF REFERRALS *
LIST REFERRED CANDIDATES (NAMES AND CONTACT #)