LUBBOCK, TX 79416 - US
Position Summary: Zachry Industrial, Inc. is currently seeking a Project Estimator for our High Voltage regional office in Lubbock, TX. The employee will perform job duties and responsibilities safely, efficiently and accurately. Our established construction firm is growing its clientele, and we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction project management, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with an outstanding benefits package. This is the perfect opportunity to build a career at a leading construction firm.
• Reviews project drawings and technical specifications to determine scope of construction work to bid. Organizes work elements and calculate quantities of work
• Prepares cost estimates for elements of a project coordinated by another estimator.
• Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates. Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
• Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Must meet the requirements of a criminal back ground check
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Proficiency using PC applications, specifically Excel, and ability to quickly learn proprietary systems.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), and good interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in team environment but also independently
• Good customer relations skills/history
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills required.
• History of project management, planning and scheduling
Valued but not required skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Former Zachry employee
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in construction or related industry.
• Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Local candidates preferred. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will commensurate with experience. Competitive Benefits package included.
Zachry Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to providing a SAFE and DRUG FREE work environment.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen, health screen, criminal background check, and have a clear MVR.