ENGINEERS (ENGINEER I)
Engineering Design Center
Zachry Group is currently accepting applications for Engineers for all engineering disciplines for future needs. This posting is NOT for a current position, but is designed to build a pool of candidates who are interested in future opportunities.
We are seeking Engineers to be responsible for independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. These projects include energy and chemicals, diversified, food and beverage, and power industries. All these projects involve management of multiple engineering disciplines and vendor management from early phases of project through commissioning.
- Assigned specific projects to complete, working as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignment
- Perform Engineering duties in the Management of the Project’s workforce, finances, and materials used on the specific project
- Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages and risk analysis
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
- Support the Senior Engineers in planning, organizing, and controlling assigned aspects of a project; including monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality and directing the complete technical operations of the project
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
- Responsible to define the work scope and prepare overall schedules and budgets on small projects
- Update schedules and implement corrections or adjustments when necessary
- Coordinate discipline engineering activities for development of engineered deliverables
- Review engineered drawings for consistency with work scope and adequately address input from disciplines
- Present technical information to peers or other personnel for review, to implement operating procedures, and resolve system malfunctions
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications
- Facilitate Zachry’s quality control procedure for deliverable generation, archiving, and distribution/transmittal
- Update, inform and clarify project outcomes, deliverables, potential problems and project needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 0 – 5 years of related experience
- Complex Problem Solving skills (STEM)
- Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with clients and vendors.
- Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
- Proficient with Engineering and Computer Software (HySys, ASPEN, MS Office, AutoCAD, 2D &/or 3D CAD, BlueBeam, Revit, NavisWorks, etc…)
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and coordinate a variety of tasks, with good attention to detail and ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Understanding, acceptance and adherence of company policies and procedures, including all business objectives and goals.
- Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) license
- Experience working as an engineer in the Industrial Construction/Service Industry is a plus
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineer position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.