Directs, supervises and provides technical leadership for electrical engineering associated with design, procurement and construction of power plants, industrial plants, and commercial and special projects. Makes decisions and recommendations that are authoritative and have a significant impact and demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding the extensive engineering projects and related activities of the instrumentation & controls engineering department.
- Supervise and approve the specification, evaluation and engineering of instrumentation & control systems or studies.
- Plan, staff and coordinate engineering and procurement of instrumentation & controls systems with project managers and construction or other field personnel to accommodate engineering and construction schedule.
- Responsible for implementation of the company quality assurance program within the department.
- Responsible for coordinating instrumentation & controls engineering and technical personnel within the department.
- Assist in the proposal or bid development by defining scope and estimating manpower, time and material requirements.
- Assist in the marketing of department and company resources by preparing and participating in client presentations on existing and new projects.
- Makes recommendations for facilities, personnel and fund required for fulfillment of overall organizational objectives and manages existing organization for cost control.
- Continuously monitor market for potential talent.
- Develop contacts with technical schools and technical societies.
- The candidate must have a proven record of leadership, strong communication, administrative, and organizational skills as well as be capable of working in a self-directed capacity.
- Candidate must have strong management skills with the ability to mentor, lead, train and motivate employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and distribute work to ensure completion on schedule and within budget.
- Interact with other departments and with clients to facilitate communication and efficiency between groups.
- Mentor employees on engineering principles and problem resolution.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable in specifying/selecting instruments, sizing control valves and relief valves, developing/determining instrument installation details, DCS and PLC based control systems, P&ID development and process operations.
- 15 years of engineering experience; 5 years in management / supervisory role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE, ChemE, ME)
- Three Rivers or OSHA safety training preferred.
- Typical Instrumentation Software