TULSA, OK 74114 - US
Engineering Design Center
Zachry Group is currently accepting applications for Engineering Drafters for all discipline areas for future needs. This posting is NOT for an actual position, but is designed to build a pool of candidates who are interested in future opportunities.
Currently looking for a talented individual to take on the duties of an Engineering Drafter using CAD software (2D/3D) in various disciplines (Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Piping, etc.). This is a great opportunity to learn and work as part of a team on interesting and challenging design and construction projects to produce construction documents for various clients and industries.
The individual will mainly be working in an office environment, but may also include visits as part of a team to construction sites and industrial facilities.
• Perform as an experienced professional in support of a Lead Designer, Engineer and/or Group Supervisor.
• Develop detailed design documents to be used in construction packages using CAD software (2D and 3D) under the direction of Lead Designer, Engineer and/or Group Supervisor in the department.
• Able to work in conjunction with others in the department and with other disciplines as required that would relate to the project.
• Be able to adhere to the CAD standards and design standards as required per client and/or project.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks.
• Willingness to travel to field (client sites) as part of a team.
• High school, Associate or Technical Degree.
Minimum 0 – 5 years of related experience.
Be able to understand basic drawing creation and drafting.
Familiar with CAD Software such as: AutoCAD, CadWORX, Plant3D, Revit, Microstation, Sketchup, etc.
Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and/or similar office software.
• 2D/3D CAD software working knowledge is a plus.
• Industry related experience a plus.
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
Strong communication skills and a team player.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on
ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Drafter position. It should not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day
Zachry Group is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.