CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78401 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Sr. Structural Engineer (Engineer V Structural)
DEPARTMENT: Civil/Structural Department
LOCATION: Corpus Christi, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Sr. Structural Engineer to join our talented Civil/Structural Department in Corpus Christi, Texas. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting customers.
• Perform as a senior professional in a lead capacity in planning, preparing and supervising development of detailed design and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment.
• Perform site visits and project walk downs requiring climbing and as-built information gathering. This may require working with surveying equipment and other measuring tools.
• Design foundations for heavy process structures and equipment, dynamic and rotating equipment, along with industrial facility expansions.
• Design structural steel open process structures, pipe racks, modifications to existing facilities, and modular structures.
• Develop civil site plans for modifications to existing facilities with an understanding of storm water management, underground piping design, and in-plant roads / traffic planning.
• Participate in project planning and preparation of budgets and estimates.
• Serve in a technical capacity to provide solutions to complex engineering problems within the Civil / Structural department.
• Participate in preparation and presentation of departmental training.
• Work with client engineers to develop design compatible with client requirements.
• Coordinate within their department and with the project group regarding the job(s) they are supervising. Provide the necessary reporting and project controls methods to keep projects on track.
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structural
• 10-15 Years of petrochemical industry experience.
• PE is required
• Knowledge of STAAD, Enercalc, Tedds and similar analyst software
• Ability to check calculations and drawings
• Familiarity with 3D design and viewing software such as Cadworx & Navisworks
• Experience with large industrial projects, and understanding of project environments, requirements, and risks
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering, construction, and project management
• Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
• Proven negotiation skills
• Strong language skills (written and oral)
• Strong math skills
• Possess strong computer skills, especially in Excel and Word
• Expert technical knowledge of suppliers products and capabilities
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to thrive in a team working environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, clients’ sites warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Sr. Structural Engineering position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.