DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Engineer IV Process
DEPARTMENT: Process Department
LOCATION: Downers Grove, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitious Engineer IV Process to join our talented Process Department in Downers Grove, Illinois. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting clients. This posting is an evergreen posting designed to build a pool of qualified, interested applicants who would like to connect with Ambitech for future opportunities. It does not reflect our current needs.
• A diversified senior process engineering professional with extensive expertise in both refinery/chemical plant process and project design areas, revamp, technical and startup consulting, codes and standards, utilities, steam generation, process and utilities optimization, plot plans and hydrogen management.
• Comprehensive process design and engineering applications knowledge in chemical plants and refinery units and operations is desired.
• Understanding and/or interpreting generated yield estimate(s), creating process heat & weight balances, sizing fractionators, i.e. set diameter, type, and number of trays and PFD / P&ID development including the basic process controls/instrumentation.
• Responsible for line sizing and hydraulics, equipment design (including sizing, design P/T and material selection) and equipment specifications, i.e. datasheets and templates. Equipment included (but not limited to): fired heaters; vessels; reactors; exchangers; pumps; compressors; instruments; piping and relief valves.
• Support chemical plant and refinery engineering from the development of FEED packages through detailed design engineering.
• Technical tasks and activities include the generation and modification of PFDs / P&IDs / HMBs / Hydraulics / Process.
• Simulations / PSV designs. Candidate should possess added leadership capability in Scope development / Budget preparation.
• Schedule development and interaction / Report writing capability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Process Engineering or other related field
• 15+ years minimum specific experience / expertise in chemical and refinery operations including crude and raw material handling / management of product stream / delivery.
• Master’s Degree in Process Engineering or related field
• Licensed Professional Engineer is a plus
• Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal, and Written)
• Availability for field assignments involving travel to sites involving work in industrial facilities.
• Highly motivated with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
• Complex Problem Solving (STEM)
• Critical Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Sensitivity
• Information Ordering
• Judgment and Decision Making
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineer IV Process position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.