MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO 63146 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Process Engineer (Engineer II Process)
DEPARTMENT: Process Department
LOCATION: Saint Louis, Missouri
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitious and talented Process Engineer to grow with us as we deveop a high performing Process team in Saint Louis, Missouri. This is a great opportunity to get involved with interesting, challenging projects for long-standing clients.
• Develop process design basis documentation.
• Perform process studies to specify expansion equipment or recommend operational improvement projects.
• Develop process simulations, when necessary, to establish heat and mass balance or to size critical units.
• Perform relief load calculations for pressure relief devices (rupture disks, relief valves).
• Perform utility load studies based on Client operations inputs; review plant utility capacity versus expansion requirements (steam, cooling water, waste water pretreatment, glycol, hot oil, nitrogen, air, ventilation).
• Size process lines using hydraulic models and common tools.
• Work with vendors to gather design basis information and cost estimates.
• Review outside/third party engineering scope and design in support of Client directed projects.
• Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure quality design for reliable operations.
• Support on-site operations from time to time, including observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters and charts registering various aspects of equipment operation to ensure proper operations.
• Troubleshoot problems with processes by recommending tests and monitoring performance of processes throughout production.
• Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
• Estimate energy consumption costs and other production costs.
• Present technical information to peers or other personnel for review, to implement operating procedures, and resolve system malfunctions.
• Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Provide specific to discipline technical expertise to the degree of preparing and providing training for other personnel; both within the company and for the customer.
• 2 to 5 years experience with functional Process Engineering for Industrial Facilities, Petroleum Refining, Chemicals, AgChem, and Petrochemicals.
• Bacherlor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering (BSChE) or Mechanical Engineering (BSME) with experience.
• Proficient with Process Engineering Computer Software
• Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal, and Written)
• Availability for short-term field assignments involving travel to sites and work in industrial facilities.
• Highly motivated with attention to detail
• Well Developed Critical Thinking, Judgment and decision making
• Problem sensitivity, detecting process risks, information ordering and prioritizing
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineer II Process position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.