DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Engineer II Process
DEPARTMENT: Process Department
LOCATION: Downers Grove, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitious Engineer II Process to join our talented Process Department in Downers Grove, Illinois. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting clients.
Performs process studies to evaluate expansion or debottleneck operational improvement projects.
• Ability to develop process simulations (if required) to determine preliminary scope and economics
• Experience with PSV design and calculations is desired
• Review plant operation versus design and capability
• Work with vendors to develop design and cost estimates
• Review any outside engineering scope and design in support of projects
• Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
• Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters and charts registering various aspects of equipment operation to ensure that the equipment is operating properly.
• Troubleshoot problems with manufacturing processes by performing tests and monitoring performance of processes throughout production.
• Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
• Estimate production costs for management.
• Present technical information to peers or other personnel for review, to implement operating procedures, and resolve system malfunctions.
• Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Provide specific to discipline technical expertise to the degree of preparing and providing training for other personnel; both within the company and for the customer.
• Technical support to day-to-day activities
- Review overall plant and individual equipment performance
- Investigate plant limitations or upsets
- Review recent quality on all process and product streams
- Provide technical review on plant changes
- Provide technical support in plant operating modes to maximize operating margins
• 3 to 5 years of experience of Process Engineering in the Process Plant, Petroleum Refining, and / or Petrochemical sector.
• Bacherlor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other related majors.
• Proficient with Process Engineering Computer Software
• Master’s Degree in Process Engineering or related field
• Licensed Proffesional Engineer is a plus
• Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal, and Written)
• Availability for field assignments involving travel to sites involving work in industrial facilities.
• Highly motivated with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
• Complex Problem Solving (STEM)
• Critical Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Sensitivity
• Information Ordering
• Judgment and Decision Making
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Engineer II Process position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.